Your New Mac
Attendees should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
Basic computer skills on Windows or Mac OS
Length: 6 hours (9.30am - 4.30pm with 1 hour lunch break)
Who Should Attend
Anyone with a new Mac (or old one running Mountain Lion) that wants to get up to speed with setting it up and using all the amazing built in features
In this course, Apple certified Master trainer and consultant Andy Day provides a comprehensive overview of your new Mac, complete with important setup information, organising your contacts & calendars, setting u iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, plus lots of insider tips for getting the most out of the operating system. The course shows how to configure system preferences, personalise the interface, master gestures, and achieve fluency with applications such as Mail, Calendar, and Preview. The course also includes browsing the web with Safari, performing maintenance operations using Disk Utility, and offers time-saving techniques for using the Mac efficiently.
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Setting up and syncing iCloud
- Configuring Mail, Messages, Contacts, and Calendar
- Setting rules with Parental Controls
- Jotting down info with Notes
- Viewing and saving PDFs, text documents, and images
- Using Safari to browse the Internet
- Playing and recording videos with QuickTime
- Video conferencing with FaceTime
- Setting up iTunes
- Setting up iPhoto
- Basic iMovie overview
- Basic Garageband
- Configuring Time Machine for backups
- Intro to essential 3rd party apps
The course is presented by Andy Day an Apple certified Master trainer and consultant.
As part of your course you will receive 30 days of video tutorial access just in case you forget anything.
A workstation is provided for the duration of the course.