MC 110 Media Composer Effects Essentials (Certified Training)
Handy Training is an AVID certified training partner and we are proud to be offering the AVID Media Composer Certified User course.
length: 2 days
This course is for video editors who understand the basics of the editing tools in Media Composer and are ready to move ahead and learn the fundamentals of creating effects within Avid Media Composer 6, the non-linear film/video editing application used in most movie and television productions. This course provides a solid foundation in Media Composer audio and video effects capabilities and, in conjunction with MC101 Editing Essentials course, will prepare you for Avid’s User Level certification in Media Composer 6. You will be taken through the basic effects-building interface; then, using a real-world, hands-on approach, you’ll learn fundamental audio adjustments and effects, multilayered video compositing, tracking, stabilization, various retiming methods, and basic color-grading techniques. This course is a crucial step in mastering Avid Media Composer, the standard editing system used by professionals in the film and television industries.
This course targets:
- Assistant editors
- Multimedia producers
- Completion of the MC101 Editing Essentials course
- Completion of a Macintosh or Windows introductory course or equivalent experience is required
- A background in editing, production, or post-production is strongly recommended
- Introduction to Visual Effects
- Corrective Effects
- High Resolution Images
- Color Treating and Correcting
- Nesting Multiple Effects
- Multilayer Effects
- Performance and Rendering
- Keying and Mattes
- 3D Title Animation with Marquee
- Using AVX Third-Party Plug-Ins
- Configuring the Grid
Media Composer Certification
The Avid Media Composer Certified User Exam is the first of two certification exams that allow you to become Avid Certified. The two combined certifications offer an established and recognized goal for both academic users and industry professionals as shown in the graphic below. The Avid Media Composer User Certification requires that you display a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system. Avid collaborated with a team of test development consultants and technology subject matter experts throughout the exam development process to ensure the exam is reliable, fair, and valid.
An Avid Certified User credential allows you to:
- Differentiate yourself from competitors
- Make your résumé stand out with downloadable logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with our online Certified Professional listing
The Media Composer Certified User exam is designed to assess a candidate's core skills for editing with Avid Media Composer, including the fundamental concepts and workflow of editing. The Media Composer User Certification requires that you display a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system. The exam covers content from the MC101: Media Composer Editing Essentials 3-day course (or equivalent real-world product experience) and the MC110: Media Composer Effects Essentials 2-day course.
As a professional, an Avid Certified credential allows you to:
- Differentiate yourself from competitors
- Make your résumé stand out
- Attract and win new business
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers
- Leverage the power of the Avid brand
As an employer, use the Avid Certified credential as a benchmark so you can:
- Find the right person for the job
- Quickly assess candidate skill level
- Invest in and promote your most promising employees
- Keep your systems running at top performance, with little to no downtime
Avid Media Composer Certified User exam candidates might be aspiring film and television editors, multimedia producers, or anyone involved in the video and film production process. The exam is designed for individuals who possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Avid Media Composer to edit a project through completion, with all of the basic operational skills to capture and manage media, edit, apply effects, color correct, and output the finished program.
For more detailed information on what is covered on the Media Composer Certified User exam, see the Media Composer Certified User Exam Blueprint.
The Media Composer Certified User exam is comprised of 50 questions and is directly tied to the Media Composer Editing Essentials and Media Composer Effects Essentials course content. The time allotted to complete the exam is 60 minutes.