Adobe Illustrator Complete
Attendees should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
Basic computer skills on Windows or Mac OS
Ideally some Photoshop skills
Experience with other Adobe Creative Cloud applications would be an advantage but not essential
Length: 6 hours (9.30am - 4.30pm with 1 hour lunch break)
Cost: $426 ex GST
Who Should Attend
Anyone wanting to get up to speed with illustrators core features to create logos, icons for applications or web.
Existing users that want to deepen their knowledge of Illustrator CS6
Adobe Illustrator can be used to accomplish many different design tasks, from illustration to app development. This course demonstrates core concepts and techniques that can be applied to any workflow—for print, the web, or building assets that will find their way into other applications. Adobe certified Instructor Andy Day will explain the elements that make up vector graphics (paths, strokes, and fills) while showing how to use each of the drawing tools, and demonstrates how to combine and clean up paths and organise them into groups and layers. The course also covers text editing, working with colour, effects, and much more.
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colours
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Tracing existing images or drawings
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
The course is presented by Andy Day an Adobe certified trainer and experienced Illustrator user.
As part of your course you will receive 30 days of video tutorial access just in case you forget anything.
A workstation is provided for the duration of the course.