If you have the latest version of After Effects CC then you might not even realise you have a slimmed down version of CINEMA 4D (C4D) Lite.
This course will show you how to build a motion graphics sequence in C4D Lite, progressing from initial object modeling, to animation, lighting, camera rigging, texturing, and final render. Plus, how After Effects integrates with Cinema 4D Lite via the Cineware plugin including workflow roundtripping to utilize 3d camera tracking data from After Effects in C4D Lite, allowing you to composite your 3D scenes into video footage.
Areas covered include:
• Comparison of CINEMA 4D Lite to the full version
• Getting around the Cinema 4D Lite interface
• Understanding the CINEMA 4D Lite and After Effects CC workflow
• Editing primitive objects
• Spline modeling with NURBS
• Animating in C4D Lite with keyframes
• Creating and animating cameras
• Creating 3D text & Logos
• Workflows with other Adobe Creative Cloud Apps
• Creating and applying materials and textures
• 3D camera tracking
• Compositing layers
• Lighting with visible lights and ambient occlusion
• Working with the Cineware plugin
• Adding visual effects in After Effects
• Rendering in After Effects and the Adobe Media Encoder
The course is aimed at users with basic knowledge of After Effects but no experience of C4D is necessary. Experienced C4D users may also find the course useful as it fully covers the After Effects CC integration via Cineware. This is a major improvement over previous workflows and worth knowing fully for anyone working in Motion Graphics.
The course is led by After Effects certified trainer and Cinema 4D lead trainer for Australia and New Zealand, Andy Day.